Obtaining a Real Estate License
Obtaining a real estate license is not difficult, if you know what to expect, and can fulfill the requirements. How you get a real estate license will vary from state to state, but will usually involve minimum age requirements, certain education and/or experience requirements, applications and fees, and other state-specific details. Licensing requirements typically involve coursework and passing a state test. Some states also require post-licensing coursework after you earn your license; and most states require continuing education throughout your career to keep your license active.
It's important to know the relevant information from your state before you get too deep in preparing for your real estate exam. We have outlined the requirements below for the states we serve along with links to our real estate schools for you to start the process.
**ONCE YOU HAVE STARTED THE LICENSING PROCESS, PLEASE RETURN TO OUR SITE TO SUBMIT YOUR INTEREST. WE WILL HELP YOU BEGIN THE ACTUAL PREPARATION FOR A SUCCESSFUL REAL ESTATE CAREER PRIOR TO COMPLETING YOUR LICENSING PROCESS. THANK YOU**
- Successfully complete a 75-Hour Broker Pre-License course, which requires a passing score on the proctored exam.
- The 60-Hour portion of this course can be completed in a live class/webinar, online, or as a homestudy.
- The homestudy option provides access to instructors with on-demand videos of the classes.
- These videos include instructor explanations and review of quizzes and materials. This information is accessible at any time.
- NOTE: The 15-Hour interactive portion of the course must be completed in either a live classroom or via webinar.
- Take and pass an exam administered by AMP testing services.
- Once you have passed your exam, you must have a Sponsoring Broker in order to apply for your license.
Begin your real estate career by visiting: Real Estate Sales Academy (resacampus.com/prelicense)
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Complete 90 hours of classroom instruction.
- Score a minimum of 225 points out of 300 on 3 mandatory exams.
- This must be successfully completed to become eligible to take the state examination.
- Once the state exam is passed, you may obtain your real estate Broker's license.
Begin your real estate career by visiting: Real Estate Sales Academy (resacampus.com/indiana/)
- Successfully complete a 63-Hour Sales Associate (Pre-License) course. This is offered as an online interactive course.
- Pass the course final exam, which requires a 70% minimum passing score
- Submit your fingerprints to the Department of Business & Professional Regulation
- Complete the application for licensure
- Take and pass the Florida licensing exam, which is administered by Pearson VUE.
Begin your real estate career by visiting: Real Estate Sales Academy (resacampus.com/florida-real-estate-license/)